Thought of the Moment:


Thought of the Moment:

Fan me on Facebook
and know when I write something new!
You know you wanna...


Or for gaming news I wouldn't make a new post about
follow me on Twitter
@AesthetikSyn

Also, comments are available for everyone to make!
Whoooooo!

Sorry guys, the site isn't going to be updated for awhile
been working and just haven't had the time to write or do anything
- -'


Thursday, September 2, 2010

'scuse me, broke ass coming through.

 I've decided to write on the account that I'm bored, there's nothing to do, and I'm not waiting until I buy a game in order to write a blog entry, why? Because I'm broke! Unless you count the money I have in my savings... but that's for a down payment on a house (seriously, my boyfriend won't let me touch it).

 So I've went to http://www.ign.com/ and have looked at the next 10 years of games which are coming out and there seems to be some good promises and then some that kind of just hit me like a giant speeding truck of "wth?".


Driven by this guy.


   The 5 Best Upcoming Games 2010-2011 (according to me)

   5. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Release Date: November 16, 2010)

         
Assassin's Creed is taking it's third adventure through one of my want-to-go-to places, Rome, Italy.... mmm.. I can smell the canolli's and lobster tail pastries from here. Now, I honestly can't say too much about this game because I completely blind sighted myself of not finishing the first game in order to write this because of my love for Italy and all things italian... so, I watched my boyfriend play the first Assassin's Creed and the second one, yeah... consider me a cheater, but the cool thing about this game is that this time around, there's going to be a multiplayer layer where you can pick your own character that has their own signature weapon AND assassination technique... and wait, there's more. After accomplishing different tasks within the game, you will be able to recruit people in for doing assignments around Europe or even helping you out with different cases you'll be doing.
         And the best thing for me? The fighting style is different, instead of going and counter attacking the hell out of people who just say "hey you!" for no reason, having the first strike is key in this game... which means I'll be having a ton of fun with this one, since my boyfriend yells at me constantly that all I do is press buttons and "you can't do that!". Visually, this game is jaw dropping... it's like watching a postcard having a side show of what Italy would look like in 1500 AD. And the worst part? I would recommend for EVERYONE to buy this on the PS3, even though the 360, PS3, and the PC get to witness the awesomeness of multiplayer for this game, PS3 is the only system that has the multiplayer BETA actually enabled... and ofcourse that's only if you have the PS3 anyway, I don't expect anyone to go out and buy a PS3 just for this game.


   4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Release Date: TBA)

        So.. there's bad news and go-... no, no good news, just bad news. Bad news number 1: So far it's only for the PS3 (according to ign.com). Bad news number 2: Infinity Ward was fired and now there's a whole lawsuit (between Activision and Infinity Ward) that is in the way of the game pre-production. Bad news number 3: I'm not happy... they need to think about the fans and the gamers and put their legal disputs aside and focus on their work, and while I'm right here while the game is still in progress, whoever is making the game now better be making it harder to create noobtubes. It was fine in CoD: WaW because people actually had to WORK in order to noobtube, now... it's like it's handed out, especially since in MW2 it's pretty much one of the beginner classes. I understand it's the gaming world but atleast encourage people to have some dignity instead of letting them run around like complete asses.




 3. L.A. Noire (Release Date: November 1, 2010)

       
Ever since I read about this in Game Informer, I've been excited and jumping for joy about this game, and that's not an expression that I just throw around either.

       "L.A. Noire blends action, detection and complex storytelling and draws players into an open-ended challenge to solve a series of gruesome murders. Set in a perfectly recreated Los Angeles before freeways, with a post-war backdrop of corruption, drugs and jazz, L.A. Noire will truly blend cinema and gaming." - Rockstar Games

  See? That's not something someone can just lie about. Sure, I can write.. kinda, I've always had an on-off relationship with writing, but NO ONE can make something sound so good and not believe in it themselves. One thing I worry about with Rockstar games is that they ugly it up too much. GTA was and is a popular series, but there's only so many times you can follow someone through their relationship falls, drug problems, and Gay Tony expeditions before it gets boring and repetitive, and like I said about Mafia 2, it was a standard third-person shooter with a good emotionally-gripping plot... but it's repetitive, and this being L.A. Noire, sure..I expect some repeating, no duh, especially if it's a third-person shooter, but I hope they don't follow GTA to much and I hope they give the plot and story line some dignity (instead of drowning it with drugs) and really stick to the tradition and classiness that really defined the 40's.


  2. Dragon Age 2 (Release Date: March 8, 2011)

      This is one of those games I would recommend completely, and luckily for everyone, it comes out on the PS3, 360, and PC.. so everyone should buy it, thankyou. The last game was exciting, it's one of those things I didn't get to beat but.... I didn't have to beat it in order to enjoy the plot and what the game gave as a whole. This game follows the last game.. it takes place 10 years after the ending of the first game, but because the creators are so smart, they made it so that you really didn't have to beat (or play) the first game in order to pick up on the story line. Now I've heard people complain that they're annoyed it took 7 years to create the first game and only 2 years to create the second one, and personally... I'm not bothered. In this game, players will be able to somewhat customize the character and make them look how they want them to look, as well as also creating their characters classes. Another accepted difference in the game is that you can pause within battle and change the battle tactics and what approach you decide to take as far as killing foes is concerned.. although for me, I just kept pushing buttons.. I was a mage also since I didn't feel like dealing with the whole "sword" thing either.
   You'll still be able to give presents to your party members (although not as much as the first game), and still be able to create some romances, so I really don't think we're going to be missing as much as some people think we will (since most games try to out-do themselves as they continue to create games).
     The story line is excellent... you play as this person named Hawke who is this refugee, and you control them through saving and slaying things to the position of what is, Dragon Age's most important person, or warrior.. give or take. And sure, that doesn't seem like much of a storyline, but who honestly doesn't appreciate the zero-to-a-hero concept?


    1. Call of Duty: Black-Ops (Release date: November 9, 2010)

       I think everyone saw this coming, especially since I'm pretty much a CoD extremist, I'm even wearing my CoD sleepy pants my boyfriend bought for me for our first Valentine's Day as I'm typing this.
   So Black-Ops, which was produced by Treyarch (which was produced by Activision for those who don't know), is having a big amount of expectations... especially from me since Treyarch's World at War is what made me fall in love with the Call of Duty series anyway, and from what I see... there's a ton of good, good things that's in stores for the gamers. You can customize your class more and really react to the maps... and the better news? There's different game modes. For those who can't connect their xbox to live, there's a game mode you can play that allows "multiplayer" game play with characters who have artificial intelligence in order to mimic online gaming. "Wager", another game mode is where you get to gamble (because scratch-offs aren't enough for minors these days) CoD points and either double your bet or lose the whole kaboodle. "One in the chamber" is where you have one bullet, and if you miss? Time to break out the big guns because you're going to be kissing some jaws with that fist. "Gun Game" is where you have a gun, and the more kills you get the better your gun gets... you die? Well, you start from the beginning.
     Another great thing about this game is the perks, even on the guns. This time around you have motion sensors, UAV jammers (which is like Scrambler), and cameras to spy on enemies.. - wait.. what? Not sure if I like that... I know a ton of people are going "WHOOOO! YEAH!" and they're probably the same people that run around throwing C4's at people and shooting them, noobtubing, or running around with the Knifer's Class... not sure how I feel about it.. but we'll see how to turns out, and if it's bad.. then you know I'll be ranting about it right on here.
    One of the things I loved about MW2 is the fact that you can select what your killstreaks were from a huge varity... and in Black-Ops, they're going to continue that... and then some, and "some" includes gunships, exploding remote control cars, napalm strike, heavy turrents, and a mortar team. And you'd think I'd be done right now with what all the new features are, but there's MORE (this is why I love Treyarch, or competing companies anyway.), you can now engrave your name into your gun, and you can really customize your title and emblem along with your UserName.

 All that said, I'm excited and I'm already hooked.


 P.S. I don't play Halo... therefore it's not on the list.

5 comments:

  1. if you dont do halo then i can do it as well ? and post it as a comment for you cause halo SUCK!!!! im just saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you're trying to say... o o'
    But, I don't play Halo... because it does suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I didn't try L4D2. The first one was alright, I played it on the computer but.. besides Sims3, I don't really play PC games. Consider me a tad biased. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been a Halo fan. I liked Halo 3 but didn't love it.I loved Halo ODST but wasn't a fangirl about it. I didn't play more than a few hours with each game. However, I love, love, Halo Reach. I think that's the problem. Many people were dissapointed: 1. they were too much of a fanboy (played all of them to death). 2. expected too much 3. are fanboys of another FPS game 4. No matter what they didn't like it.

    Ps: I love this little blog. When I have time, I will read all of it, especially the Halo Review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never was a huge Halo fan also... but I did enjoy Halo 3. I felt my expectations were a tad high for Reach.. but I'll let you read that.. lol. But I think you're right, I think either some people are just fans no matter what, aren't fans no matter what, and just have different expectations of the game beings this was the last one for Bungie.

    But thankyou so much, it means alot. It you ever want to see me write about a certain topic, don't be shy to say so.. I'm always looking for new and different ideas to write about.

    ReplyDelete