Thought of the Moment:


Thought of the Moment:

Fan me on Facebook
and know when I write something new!
You know you wanna...


Or for gaming news I wouldn't make a new post about
follow me on Twitter
@AesthetikSyn

Also, comments are available for everyone to make!
Whoooooo!

Sorry guys, the site isn't going to be updated for awhile
been working and just haven't had the time to write or do anything
- -'


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Call of Duty: Black Ops? More Like "Beast Operation".

   It's been awhile since I wrote.. atleast that's how I feel.. and let me tell you guys, I've been wanting to write abut everything I knew about Black-Ops for.. forever, but I didn't want to create a post everyday being like "Hey guyz! Check this out!" Because quite honestly, I think everyone on my facebook is getting annoyed at me making the posts I do now about this blog, so forget about posting something everyday that may be only one sentence long.

   Sad to say... I wasn't at the midnight release... and there's several excuses as to why.
 1) My boyfriend didn't want to go and because we live together we're conjoined at the hip. so... I was stuck.
 2) My leg muscles were pulled more than a 100lb taffy does right before it gets formed.
 3) Well... my boyfriend made me choose between that or breakfast in the morning... and I was craving breakfast food.


   So... I knew they would bring back Zombies, I knew that they were going to enable splitscreen for multiplayer, and I knew they were going to have your class be... your class (unless someone steals it.. which already happened to me..).


  And I'm not sure if I made a post about this on here or if I was just ranting on some forums (I really can't tell the two apart..) but I did at one point or another say that CoD should do what Halo did and allow people to vote for the maps.. or to select which map they want to play on... and they listened!



 I was transformed into a cat that was photoshopped to look like it was smiling

  Okay, so everyone who has read this blog since Day 1... or even just starting now knows I'm a huge fan of Call of Duty. So... what do I think about the game? Weeeeeell...


     GRAPHX ::  Let's be real honest... the graphics.. are okay. They're not bad, but they're not the greatest graphics I've seen from the series.. then again, I'm playing the game on the Xbox360... so they may have compromised some detail in order to fit some other stuff into the game.. while the PS3 version probably has the ass-kicking graphics and some extra stuff thrown into the mix. The thing about this game also.. I think it was one of the developers who said this, I know it was someone on the project of the game, but they said the Developers actually had to cut down on the reality of the game abit because it was very bloody and gorey and just looked too realistic... which, I agree. One of the differences from Treyarch and Infinity Ward is the fact that if you're going to shoot someone in a Treyarch COD game, you're going to see limbs flying and magical gravity-defying, air-flowing streams of blood, which is... you guessed it - uhmayzin'.


     EAR DRUM YUMM ::   The sounds... and I mean the voice acting, the songs, and the effects are so realistic, it's scary. If you're climbing up onto something that's as high as your chest, you're going to hear your guy panting like a chain smoker doing a marathon.. ofcourse that may not be realistic because these guys are suppose to be Seals (I think).. and.. Seals are human machines, they're not normal people.. me? I would pant my ass off. But it's ear candy and it really makes up for some lack of detail within the graphics. I'm also really excited because they brought back some people from WaW to do voice acting and that is amazing.. and they really took it a step further.


    CAMPAIGN PLOT ::   The plot of the game is exciting, alot of twists, some turns, it keeps you guessing on what is going on.. and, they bring back an old character! (Which... took me forever to realize who is was, but I'm not going to spoil it.) You're all over the place in this game, you're in the Artic, you're in Cuba, you're in Vietnam, you're in Egypt (not really, unless I just haven't reached that point..). But the story and how it connects to WaW is so interesting and it's great story telling. Now, CoD is not really a game you want to buy when it comes to the campaign... there's not much replay value because the campaigns are a tad on the short side.. so when you spend 60 bucks for this, it's usually for the multiplayer aspect of it.. actually... bump that up to 120 bucks, because Xbox Live is going up 10 dollars. So... $120 to play this game and take full advantage... but, the campaign is great, short.. but great and doesn't lack any excitement.


    WHERE'S THE MAP? I'M THE MAP! ::   Now, I haven't experienced every single map there is in the game (I like to play campaign and get a feel of what the game would offer map-wise instead of just jumping in there like a blind bat). The maps are great... some of them could use some work but I think it's just a matter of getting used to them over time. There's none that are insanely small to where it's rare to actually play the map (Infinity Ward's MW2 Rust) but none of them are obsessively huge that makes you want to vomit on the controller. Yeah, I hear people saying "They don't have real sniper maps", well.. Highrise wasn't a "real" snipers map but I still took out my .50 and owned, so no excuses when it comes to that. And there is one small map, but it does have houses and multi-levels so there there is space in the map, not everything is out in the open.


    PEW PEW PEW ::   In WaW I was a Type100 fan.. in MW2, I was a Tar-21 fan, and you know what? I can't figure out which guns I like... they're all great though. Ofcourse, beginner classes suck.. but they're decent guns. I do think some of them are a tad overpowered already and I have used a Sniper Class which has a horrible recoil, but it's not insanely bad and time will come to where everyone will get used to the guns and be pros... and ofcourse when that happens, Sledgehammer will be released and we'll all suck again. One problem people *may* face is that it could take some time to actually bring the gun up on screen, so.. practice hip-firing.


    NEW HORIZONS ::   This game separates itself from not only other games in it's genre, but other games within the series. There's so many ideas with this game... if you're the type of person who does like the campaign and feel iffy about Multiplayer mode and taking advantage of that, they have a mode where you can play with AI and so it simulates multiplayer, which is very cool. There's new game modes, some wager matches where you can gamble points if you're that much of a COD addict to where you can't go to Atlantic City... or Las Vegas... or are just 12 years old and want to see why you dad pawn'd your mother's engagement ring. New Killstreaks but Treyarch was smart and did continue to allow people to choose the killstreaks they wanted (3, 5, 7 Killstreaks just doesn't cut it anymore, we've gone hardcore).





   Your class is really your class, you earn points just by playing, completing Contracts, or any other ways and choose which perks you want instead of waiting for a specific one to be unlocked. You see on the screen that your character's uniform changes depending of which perks you have.. they just offer everything new and complete. Even to have the ability of recording your own games and sharing them in a community is great (Yeah, I understand Halo has it, but it's not the same..)



      OVERALL :: 9/10   I have to give this game a 9 out of 10, not because I'm biased (which I try not to be, and I will also try to stop using parenthesis), but the game offers so many new opportunities in the world of gaming and it's offered a new perspective on what a game should be.. it's not a shooter game where it just shows you your KD and WL ratio, it shows you how many points you earn a minute, how many bombs you defuse. It allows you to play with friends and it's a game that will cater to those who do consider themselves hardcore gamers and those who are just casual gamers and you do not see that very often for games in this genre. However, the game just came out and there are some issues.. especially on the computer (from what I hear..).. just the fact that it is a bit laggy without anything having to do with internet connection.. but there are patches that are to be released, so.. that will make computer-dwellers happy. But anyway, I really think that this is the game that will take the idea of FPS further... sorry Halo Fans, sure... I'll agree with you, Halo "pioneered" FPS, but this game is going to create an Army of Perfection when it comes to this genre.

  PS: I compromised the length and/or detail of the blog due to my urge to continue playing Call of Duty: Black-Ops

No comments:

Post a Comment